It has been two weeks since my life was forever changed. My godson, Brad, (thanks @NextGenBizMan) contacted and said he wanted to show me something that would “knock my socks off.” Boy was he right! When I saw Blab for the first time, my life was forever changed. I was thrilled to see this new live streaming social medium that would enable me to build a personal and business presence while creating community engagement.
Fast forward two weeks later, I have had the privilege of been engaged in countless Blab sessions (both as a host and a participant.) The major “BFO” (blinding flash of the obvious) was to realize that Blab causes people to transition from casual networkers, through Facebook or Twitter, to active networkers and become engaged and acquainted in a live streaming format unlike any other I have EVER participated in.
The morning after I learned about Blab, I had the privilege of participating with a virtual network with business owners in the United Kingdom, and was able to instantly meet and converse with business owners I would never have had the chance to meet. That was truly life changing networking for me. Personally, I have been networking for the past 40 years. Mostly in a fashion of striking up a conversation with anyone at any time, even though I didn’t know them personally. I was thrilled when social media format was released – Facebook, and Twitter. It allowed me to network with people that I did not actually meet in person. I could realize the synergies that exist among us and reach out to them to connect. So social networking became a tremendous gift to my life. So imagine my excitement now with Blab’s release and the ability to virtually
network and talk to people of all interests, all ages, all over the world. I truly felt my life changed forever seeing Blab for the first time because it has opened up more doors of opportunity in two weeks. Having a Facebook and Twitter account for 5-7 years, I have a huge increase in my social capital, connecting with like minded people.
My Twitter engagements have gone through the roof. My Twitter follows have increased dramatically and I am actually conversing with many of them. I am currently working in a synergistic capacity with 15 people I met through Blab, that I would never have truly come to know if we were simply sharing Twitter profiles with each other. All of this truly is life-changing and has caused me to lose sleep over.
The range of applications for Blab is virtually endless. I have always yearned for something in my career to bring a level of excitement and interest that could be sustained for the rest of my life. With Blab, I think I have found it. If I ever feel the need to talk to a friend, and no one is available, Blab will be there and someone I can converse with and share ideas with!
The key reasons I enjoy Blab are:
- Blab gives Facebook and Twitter interaction a whole new twist that allows people to truly connect and talk about synergies.
- Blab allows people to break down barriers and provides opportunities to connect with individuals they may have never come in contact with either by socio-economic status, age or geography.
- Blab provides a forum of sharing unlike any other. It helps those who may feel isolated, have a social group they can belong to without restrictions.
10 Action Steps for Strategically Increasing Your Connections through BlabNetworking
(Pre BlabNetworking: Remember that first impressions still count when it comes to Blab. so dress for success and consider how you want to look to those you want to meet and what appears in the background when you are on camera.)
- Visit a Blab session with a topic that you find you have a synergy with.
- Observe the conversation and comments left in the Comment Box by participants.
- Select 3-5 participants to connect with, and reach out to them to request a connection, by commenting such as this “@referrals1to1 – I would like to connect with you.”
- View the Twitter profiles of those you have reached out to, and follow them.
- Send a Direct Message to them requesting to connect such as this:“@referrals1to1 – We connected on Blab session.” Indicate the Blab session keyword. “When is a good time for us to chat?”
- Determine a mutually agreeable time to meet, and talk by Twitter Instant Messenger, Skype, Google Hangout, Zoom.us or by phone.
- Take your BlabNetworking to the next level and each participant shares information about their business, or their life path.
What I find to be a fascinating question to ask, is, “What has your career path been?”In asking individuals I have connected with, I have found many similarities in our career path or career experiences that have really enriched our new friendship and taken it to a new level.
- Determine if there is a way for the two of you to work together, to host a Blab, to write a blog post, work on an initiative together, or become Facebook friends, etc.
- Provide them with some information or resource, edify them by including them in a Blog post or article about their business.
- Keep your BlabNetworking going, by following up on anything you offer to do, or resources you mentioned you would provide to help them.
Using these 10 steps, you will dramatically increase the number and quality of your network through Blab. You will unlock countless opportunities that could never be full realized in any other format of networking. The Law of Reciprocity will offer you plenty of rewards for offering value to your new friend through Blab.